On average, you should be changing the oil in your car every several thousand miles. If you have wondered why it is necessary, you’ve come to the right place.
Motor oil is your engine’s lifeblood, making oil changes a necessary maintenance item for almost every car. Over time, this oil gets dirty and collects contaminants. To ensure your engine runs smoothly, you will need to get regular oil changes.
Here are 5 reasons why oil changes are so important:
- Boost engine performance - Your engine operates in extreme conditions, and each of its moving components causes friction, producing a lot of heat. Engine oil acts as a lubricant to allow the engine process to run smoothly. An oil change will also cleanse the system of dirt and debris to improve your engine performance.
- Gas Mileage - Routine oil change will also allow your engine to run more efficiently, thus improving your gas mileage. Friction caused by old and sludgy oil can slow down your motor, which requires the pump to get more fuel.
- Limit Harmful Emissions - When your car saves money on gasoline, it will also limit emissions. If you have eco-friendly goals when it comes to driving, you should stay on top of your oil changes.
- Extend Engine Life - A well-lubricated engine will limit the friction that exists between engine components. When these parts move smoothly, they will last longer. Oil changes have proven to extend the life of your motor.
- Catch Issues Early On - At every oil change, a professional mechanic will properly inspect your engine. It also gives us an opportunity to inspect everything under the hood. Therefore, oil changes can help mechanics catch minor problems before they become major ones.
If you require an oil change service and filter replacement soon, look no further than One Stop Auto Care. Please stop by our auto repair shop in Albuquerque, NM.